Pages

Monday, March 5, 2012

Laguna "miss"Adventure

Weeks ago my friends decided to visit Taytay Falls at Majayjay, Laguna. The initial plan was to visit Nagcarlan Underground Cemetery then camp at the falls for two days then head to Liliw Laguna for Lunch at one of our companion's place.. But I find the itinerary boring so I search for other places to visit from San Pablo to Majayjay and back to Liliw... So the "miss"Adventure happen according to my plan.....

We met at JAM Liner in Buendia at 7:00am on Saturday, there were only four of us kim, cha, madel and me (our host at liliw laguna). The bus heading to Lucena left at 8:00, I was so sleepy so I take a nap while on the road (it's very unusual for me to sleep while travelling, I don't know why but I fell asleep) and we arrived at San Pablo, Laguna at 9:30am.. As we walk to the jeepney stop behind the bus stop, I've noticed that my phone is "missing".. I tried to call and listen for the ring tone in case it was just buried deep in my back pack.. but to my dismay the phone was lost.. I remember back at the bus that I was startled and woke-up because I thought I heard my phone drop on the floor and when I looked down all I saw is my empty jollibee cup (how come I didn't realized to look under my seat because the plastic cup wont make any sound no matter how high it falls and to feel my pockets).. I know that I put the phone inside my left pocket.... Huhuhuhuhu... I thought I could just ask Sun Cell to recover my old number but to my dismay the don't have that service for prepaid subscribers... Huhuhuhuhu...




Moving on, we took a jeepney going to Pandin Lake one of the famous 7 Lakes of San Pablo, the ride took about 10 - 15 mins and we trek the road going to the lake.. The walk took about 5 - 10 mins, and as we reach the coconut signage of Pandin Lake we were all mesmerized by the Lake's beauty from afar... the view was breathtaking, and we took several pictures before we decide to proceed near the bank where there are tables set by the locals presenting their "tinda".. They offer mostly food for the visitors... There are also some people setting-up their rappelling ropes for some kind of event...












        Arrival at Lake Pandin.....












The long wait for the raft......













 still waiting and hungry......










  












               The long wait is finally over.....










We've got SERVED!!!!! at last...

We waited for at least 2hours before we were able to tour the lake via raft which were operated/rowed by the female locals..  While heading to the grotto where the end of the lake is located, we ate our lunch on the raft, the meal includes "inihaw na tilapia", tiny shrimps cooked in coconut milk, soy sauce and a little sweetening, ensaladang paco leaves, rice, fresh buco juice for the refreshment and bananas for our desert..
natural spring water

the making of "buco pandin"


















behind the scene, Lake Yambo
At the foot of  the Grotto of the Virgin Mary on the other end of the bank, is a spring of natural mineral water where locals fetch their water for drinking... I've tasted it my self and have a full drink directly from the pouring water, after that I filled my empty distilled water bottle and brought it back to Manila.


Near the Grotto is a connecting path to the Lake Yambo which according to legends by the locals both lakes are used to be one and united, like a "couple", so they are known as the couple lakes "Pandin & Yambo". We took some pictures as enjoyed the beautiful view of this other lake.. Then we asked our guide that we are heading back because it is already mid-afternoon and we are a bit behind schedule...

Lake Yambo 



coast guard on duty







funky nuptial?????




When we get back at other side of the bank, two of our companions who followed us were waiting there (Niek & May). So we just shared with them
what was left from our lunch at the lake and bought additional  fresh buco juice.. One of the locals there sells leche flan and ube halaya, at first I was hesitant to buy because it only cost 35/each small llanera or 3 for 100, I thought it wont be delicious.. But my impression was wrong, the leche flan is so creamy & delicious and the ube halaya is okay...
After we paid P360/pax for the rafting and food.. We head back to the main road and hit the jeepney going to Liliw Laguna.. It was already 3pm so we decided to skip the tour at Nagcarlan Underground Cemetery and we made a stop over at Kim's house to fetch some stuff for our camp-out at Taytay Falls..







Kim's Place is just 2 streets away from the famous "Red Church" and the street where you can buy their famous foot wears.. There, I was able to visit Arabela's a diner which serves Italian dishes and pastries..
I would personally recommend their choco chip & walnut brownies and it only cost 15/each.. I wasn't able to dine-in because it was late in the afternoon. We took a tricycle that brought us to the jeepney station heading to Taytay Falls..



This Jeepney ride is not my kind of ride......   Whaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!  I don't have anything to say about this... What you see is what you get....


After about 15-25mins Jeepney Roof Ride we finally arrived at Barangay Hall of Taytay Falls where we made our registration and paid P30/each.. We rented 2 rubber mats at the Sari Sari Store near the barangay.. Cha bought a "gasera" (gas lantern made from a used gin bottle) and we're off trekking once again for about 10-15 mins..

It was starting to get dark and its almost 6:00pm, as we arrived near the Falls we recognized that almost every ground and stones are occupied by other campers..  Lucky for us because Niek find us a spot near the stream.. So we set up our camp and the rented mats were used under our tents so we don't have to lie almost on the ground.. I brought an Easy-Set-Up-Open Tent because I assumed that its already summer and the night will be dry and a bit humid..














We tried to make a camp fire, but no success, because almost all the stick and tree branches that we found are damp and a bit cold... So we just settled to our gasera and ate our dinner.. We brought cooked rice from Kim's House and two whole roast chicken.. After we had our dinner, they decided to drink the Lambanog (native wine made from the sap of the stem of immature coconut blossom) that we also bought at Kim's neighbor.. I told them that I am not going to drink because I'm still upset regarding my lost phone.. I took a nap and woke-up around midnight because I felt light rain shower and got worried because our tent is open, after a few minutes the air feels dry again so I thought that it was just the water from the stream mixed in the air (humid).. My friends settled in the tent to get some sleep after they finished the lambanog..Cha & Madel stayed with me in the open tent while Kim joined May & Niek in their Camping Tent..









In the middle of our sleep the worst happen (or I thought it was) at around 4:00am rain poured upon us, and since we are sleeping in an open tent I get up ASAP and took our things inside May's Tent the rain did not stop until 5:00am the place is so dark and our tent is so wet that Madel & Cha had to sit-up so they wont get soaked.. I stayed out and wait for the break of dawn but apparently its almost 7:00am and the sun is not yet up in that place... the air is so cold and so as the water, brushing our teeth and washing our face is a great challenge...



We ate our breakfast, mostly what was left last night and everything that didn't get wet from the rain.. It's also a good thing that I brought Century Tuna Paella (in easy open can) and Hunts pork & beans (in easy open pouch) hahahaha....



Right after our breakfast we decided to check the falls.. For me it is not that beautiful and I didn't appreciate it as much as I appreciate the Lulugayan Falls in Samar.. The path way across the stream near the falls where the cast of Tabing Ilog TV show used to walk on is no longer, instead they build some sort of a rip-rap that traps all the water from the falls inside making it appear like a mini dam or an unstable wave pool..

However there is a small opening of about 1 meter wide where the trap water is being released gradually to the skirting stream along the walk way..

After a few picture takings we went back to our camp to pack-up our things and get ready to go back to Liwliw.. The rain earlier change our plans and being still soaked makes the beautiful morning and lovely nature dull...

Cha takes a short dip in the stream near our camp site.. So the five of us decided to also take a dip but not in the stream.... To the Falls!!!!!! The water seems very angry not only because its almost freezing cold like its been taken out of the freezer (I find it very brave of me to take a dip and even swim-in because back at home, my mom had to boil a kettle of water everyday for my morning bath) but the pressure of the falling water and the bounce back from the wall is so hard that I almost drowned because I'm being torned between keeping my flip flops on or letting it go so I could swim better.. I choose the former so I had a hard time getting back near the wall on my first attempt to swim but still I was able to make it.. But on my second attempt to defeat the water,  I realized that I am now swimming in the deeper part near the Falls and instead of gliding forward to the walls the water is dragging me farther with the help of my flip flops!!!! I decided to go under the water to break the pressure but as I take a deep breath, my mouth caught all the water from Niek's flopping so I started to choke, I called on to Niek and he raised his hand to pull me forward...

It was not a success because Niek also falls in the deep part of water and whats worst (this time it is) I didn't know that he is not really a swimmer!!! It happens so fast the he is now behind me and grabbing me on my shoulders and dragging me under the water, instinct and adrenalin rushed in to me so I push him sideways away from me so I could float and call for help.. By that time I am now shivering and tired fighting to float while my flip flops is dragging me nearer to the Falls.. I could not risk shouting because I might swallow another mouthful of water, good thing May turned her head towards me and stared at me so I took the chance of gently mouthing the words  "tulong". To my dismay, she replied "wheh, seryoso, di nga?" then asked Madel, "seryoso ba ang mga to?" then she turned her eyes to Niek and saw that he is now struggling to float and swim.. May rushed in the water to save Niek because she knows that he is not a swimmer.. I finally reach a stone to stand on but somehow someone behind pushed me and I was again in the water struggling for my dear life, this time I decided to let my flip flops go, and as I made my full glide I felt a push on my back again and saw that May help me forward from behind. I got to the wall in a snap probably because I was able to flip my legs better without the flip flops, and shouted at May to save my flip flops but she already did.

I felt so safe embracing the walls all shivering and cold for a couple of minutes feeling that I owe 10% of my life to Niek & May.. All I can say is that "buti na lang phone ko lang ang nawala kahapon, baka kung nabawi ko ulit un, buhay ko naman ang nawala ngayon", "nawalan na nga ako ng cell phone, muntik pa ko mawalan ng buhay". (another "miss"-adventure)...

We head back again our campsite to take a quick shower then head back up to the main road..




























We had a proper breakfast at the canteen just above the entrance path to the falls.. While waiting for our orders, I bought a souvenir necklace with a carved chameleon pipe pendant which can be used as real pipe..   I was able to made a good deal and paid it for P100 (a good pasalubong for my youngest brother).. For our breakfast we had fried rice, pansit habhab, barbecues, hotdogs, fried egg and hot instant coffee..

Heading back to Kim's Place at Liliw, this time we're inside the jeepney.. We arrived at 12:00nn, feeling full from the late breakfast we decided to tour the town first and buy their famous slippers.. I got an inch & half heeled sandals and bought my mom flat ones at Badongs.. I wasn't able to find any foot wear for Vlad because most of the styles are the same as the ones I bought for her at SM.. I just take-home the brownies that I bought Yesterday and add some more.. Here are the pics as we tour the town...





















   
     







                                       " Dynamite Eating " ------->





< -------
the shot






                       
                                 " Red Church "

                                                                                                 


















                                                  ""  Eye Shot  ""    











 jump shot is so last season.....










... Going home at last.....


Don't go "miss-adventures"...  Have a safe GALA everyone....











No comments:

Post a Comment